These festive stuffed peppers are packed with some serious flavor!
- 4 peppers (large, washed)
- 1 pound turkey or beef (ground)
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup onion (peeled, chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut around the stem of the green peppers. Remove the seeds and the pulpy part of the peppers.
- Wash, and then cook green peppers in boiling water for five minutes. Drain well.
- In sauce pan, brown turkey. Add rice, onion, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, and black pepper.
- Stuff each pepper with the mixture, and place in a casserole dish.
- Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the green peppers.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.