A hearty meal great for winter!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Recipe Makes: 6 servings
- 1 medium onion (or 2 teaspoons onion powder)
- 1/2 pound ground beef (or 1/2 of a 24-ounce can USDA canned beef, drained and fat removed)
- 1 10.5-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 2/3 cup water (This fills 1/2 of the soup can).
- 4-5 medium baking potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Peen onion and dice into bite-sized pieces.
- On medium heat in a medium sauce pan, cook fresh ground beef and onions in a skillet until the meat is browned. This should take about 15 minutes (only sauté onions when using canned beef).
- Drain off fat and liquid (skip step for canned beef).
- Carefully wash your hands and any surfaces that have come in contact with raw meat.
- Use a brush to scrub potatoes under cold running water. Slice potatoes into 1/2-inch thick pieces and place in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Mix the meat, onions, soup and water together. Pour over potatoes.
- Bake at 350ºF for 45-50 minutes until potatoes are tender and casserole is bubble and browned.
Cut Down on Choking:
For kids 2-4 years old, serve food in the following ways:
- Cut ingredients in this recipe into half inch pieces or smaller.