PA NEN Mission
The Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network promotes communication among individuals and organizations engaged with improving nutrition in our communities. We work to ensure that effective, evidence-based, appropriate nutrition resources primarily for low income populations are available across the state.
First conceived in November 1996, the Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network provides a forum for public and private agencies and other groups working with Pennsylvanians eligible for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) to share information about current nutrition education efforts and to plan and carry out creative approaches. Read More
PA NEN Initiatives
The PA NEN staff, with the help of committee
members, are actively involved in promoting and implementing nutrition
education throughout the Commonwealth. Each year, we gain funding to conduct
education efforts to improve and enhance the health of low-income families.
What Else Does PA NEN Do?
- Convenes in statewide forums, where public and private agencies working with low-income Pennsylvanians, share program information and resources.
- Designs and carries out social media marketing campaigns which promotes making good healthy food choices.
- Carries out the collecting of the PA Nutrition Education Program plan with optional funding from the State Nutrition Assistance Program that supporting nutrition and food education for low-income residents.
- Encourages and supports the development and activities of local groups addressing food and nutrition issues in their communities.
- Provides health and nutrition information, updated research, resources, continuing education opportunities and webinars for a diverse membership of registered dietitians, health professionals, professional followers and providers; researchers; teachers; parents; and any other interested Pennsylvanian.
- Engages people who want to learn more about the design and delivery of effective nutrition education to SNAP-eligible audiences.
- Participates with Pennsylvania State Agencies to implement and evaluate PA NEN’s free, downloadable fruit and vegetable materials.