Here is an easy main dish that is sure to please everyone at your dinner table!
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (vegetable, olive or canola oil)
- 4 pounds chicken (1 4-pound, whole chicken cut into 8 pieces or 12 or more drumsticks)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup ( or 1/4 cup table syrup)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil a casserole dish.
- Combine flour and salt in a plastic bag. Shake chicken pieces in flour mixture, remove from bag and place on prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine syrup and lemon juice.
- After 30 minutes of baking, take the chicken out of the oven. Spoon the syrup-lemon mixture over the chicken and place back into the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- You’ll know it’s done when the chicken is white all the way through, it’s juice runs clear, or the meat’s internal temperature is 165 degrees.
This recipe contains wheat.
*If you are allergic to gluten in the flour; you can grind oats until they are a flour consistency. Or use gluten free flour alternatives like spelt, chickpea, cassava, and other flours.
Cut Down on Choking:
For kids 2-4 years old, serve food in the following way:
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch pieces.