A refreshingly tasty addition to any meal!
- 4 cups mixed vegetables, sliced and steamed (such as fresh zucchini; fresh, canned or frozen corn; and fresh or canned tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil (vegetable, olive or canola oil)
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano, fresh, chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano)
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Slice vegetables, and steam in a small amount of water.
- Drain, and place in a bowl to cool.
- Mix lime juice with oil. Stir in oregano.
- Pour lime juice mixture over cool vegetables, and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cut Down on Choking:
For kids 2- 4 years old, serve food in the following ways:
- Cut vegetables into half-inch pieces.
- You could also, puree, blend or mash all ingredients in this recipe. Firm, smooth, or slippery foods like fruit can slide down kids’ throat before chewing.