The perfect meal! A quick and satisfying family meal for those busy nights!
- non-stick cooking oil spray, as needed
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 bell pepper without the seeds and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder (or 3 cloves of fresh garlic, minced)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 15.5-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- 6 cups cooked brown rice
- Spray skillet with cooking oil spray.
- Cook onion and pepper over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic powder, hot sauce, tomatoes, and kidney beans.
- Bring mixture to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice.
Cut Down on Choking:
For kids 2- 4 years old, serve food in the following ways:
- Puree, blend or mash all ingredients in this recipe. Firm, smooth, or slippery foods like onions, beans, and rice kernels can slide down kids’ throat before chewing.