Yummy vegetables with a kick!
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Recipe Makes: 6 servings
- 1/2 pound lean, ground beef (or 1/2 of a 24-ounce can of canned USDA beef, drained and fat removed)
- 1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5-ounce can crushed or diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (or nutmeg)
- Brown ground beef in large pan on medium heat for about 15 minutes (skip step for canned beef).
- Wash your hands and any surfaces that have come in contact with raw meat.
- Drain excess liquid from cooking meat.
- Add thawed lima beans, corn, tomatoes, salt, and pepper to pan (If using canned beef, add that too).
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg before serving.
Cut Down on Choking:
This recipe is not recommended for kids under the age of 4.