You’ll love the ease of this 5-ingredient side dish! Versatile and delcious!
- 1 1/2 cup dry pinto beans (sorted and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cook beans, according to package directions, and reserve some of the cooking liquid before draining.
- Sauté onions and garlic in oil until onions become clear. Add a little water if vegetables stick.
- Mash half of the beans, and add to onion and garlic.Continue to sauté for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Allow some of the mashed beans to brown.
- Add cumin. Add remaining beans, and continue cooking until they are warmed through.
- Water or liquid from beans may be added to keep the beans soft and mushy.
Cut Down on Choking:
For kids 2-4 years old, serve food in the following way:
- Spread a very thin layer of bean dip in dish over tortilla, chips or any other dish that you are serving.
- Thin refried beans with chicken, beef, or vegetable broth.