A healthy weeknight dinner everyone will love!
- 4 cups rotini or other similar shaped pasta, whole grain or regular, uncooked*
- 1 10-ounce package frozen vegetables
- 1 24-ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated or powdered Parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Add frozen vegetables during the last five minutes of cooking time, when pasta has been cooked for roughly 3-5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and vegetables. Set aside.
- In the large pot, bring the spaghetti sauce to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the pasta and vegetables to the spaghetti sauce, and turn off heat.
- Dish pasta evenly into bowls, and top each with a spoonful of grated Parmesan.
This recipe contains wheat.
*If you are allergic to wheat, try rice or any gluten-free pasta substitute.
Cut Down on Choking:
For kids 2-4 years old, serve food in the following ways:
- Cut all parts of the recipe into half-inch pieces.