Simple and delicious! This one will be a favorite weeknight dinner for sure!
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups brown rice, uncooked
- 1 pound ground beef (or 1 24-ouce can canned beef)
- 2 cups steamed green beans (or 1 15-ounce can low-sodium green beans)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh cooked corn kernels (or 1 15-ounce can low-sodium corn)
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (or 1/4 cup oinion, chopped)
- Use 4 cups water and 2 cups brown rice listed above, and cook according to directions on the rice package.
- While the rice is cooking, put groun beef in a large pan and cook over medium heat on the stove for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain fat.
- Arrange rice in a platter like a doughnut ring. Set aside.
- Add green beans, corn, tomato sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder to pan with meat.
- Cook until steaming hot. Pour into center of rice and serve.
Tips for cooking ground beef: The recommended safe minimum internal temperature for ground beef is 160 degrees F, as measured with a food thermometer.
Cut Down on Choking:
This food is not recommended for kids under the age of 4 years old.