Get ready! This will become your new Sunday morning staple.
- Serving Size: 2 4-inch pancakes
- Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/3 cup complete pancake & waffle mix*
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon table or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 tablespoons cooking (vegetable, olive or canola oil)
- ¼ cup raisins (optional)
- applesauce, syrup, or powdered sugar to taste
- Combine pancake mix, cinnamon, maple or table syrup, brown sugar, applesauce, water, raisins (optional). Stir just until large lumps disappear. Over-stirring will cause tough pancakes.
- Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a preheated, lightly greased pan, skillet, or electric griddle at 350°F-375°F or over medium heat.
- When pancakes bubble around edges and towards center, flip it.
- Pancake is done when bottoms are golden brown.
- Serve with applesauce, syrup, or a bit of powdered sugar.
- You know your pancake pan is hot enough when you sprinkle a splash of water on the surface and it bubbles.
This recipe contains wheat.
*Instead of wheat-based pancake mix, try gluten free options.
Cut Down on Choking:
For kids 2- 4 years old, serve food in the following ways:
- Cut pancakes into half-inch pieces.