Create an enticing flavor by roasting your vegetables for this classic side dish.
- 4 root vegetables (Choose from a variety of medium-sized potatoes, rutabagas, turnips, parsnips, beets, or sweet potatoes.)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1/4 cup cooking oil (vegetable, olive or canola oil)
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese*
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut vegetables into large chunks.
- Place in a medium bowl, and pour oil over top. Add Parmesan, and mix well.
- Spread everything as an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tender. Peirce a few vegetables with a fork to see if they are tender. Your fork should easily poke through the skin of the vegetables.
This recipe contains milk.
*If you are allergic to the milk in cheese, try using a dairy-free cheese alternative. Or, sprinkle a little salt and pepper in its place.
Cut Down on Choking:
For kids 2- 4 years old, serve food in the following ways:
- Cut all vegetables into half-inch pieces.