Try this easy marinade for a super tangy, flavorful beef meal!
- 12 ounce beef, top, round
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or cut into very small pieces (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Using a cutting board and a sharp knife, cut round steak across the grain into thin strips about 1/2-inch wide and 2 to 3 inches long.
- In a medium glass mixing bowl, combine garlic, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, salt and pepper.
- Add beef strips into oil mixture that you just made. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
- In a medium skillet, over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil for 1-2 minutes until hot.
- Drain marinade from beef. Throw away any extra marinade.
- Put beef in skillet, stir and cook about 5-7 minutes or until meat is thoroughly browned and internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- For more tender meat, slice into very thin strips.
- Instead of the lemon juice, try 2 tablespoons of lime juice of 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Partially freeze meat for easier slicing.
- Note that thin slices will cook more quickly.
- You can use marinade as a sauce, so long as you bring it to a rolling boil to make sure all bacteria is killed.
Cut Down on Choking:
For kids 2-4 years old, serve food in the following way:
- Cut beef into 1/2 inch pieces