One bite reveals a burst of salty and sweet!
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter, nut butter or seed butter*
- 4 tablespoons apple butter
- 4 tablespoons skim or 1% milk
- 2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 apples (cut into eighths) or 10 celery stalks (cut into fourths)
- Combine peanut butter, apple butter, milk, soy sauce, lime juice in a small bowl.
- Whisk together until very smooth.
- Store tightly, sealed in refrigerator.
- Serve with celery or other crunchy fruits and vegetables.
This recipe contains peanuts and tree nuts.
*If you are allergic to peanuts, choose from these nut butter spreads: almond, and cashew or allergy-friendly soy, pumpkin, and sunflower seed butter.
Cut Down on Choking:
For kids 2- 4 years old, serve food in the following ways:
- Cook celery until it’s soft, so you can pierce it with a fork. Then, cut it into sticks.
- Peel apples and cut into half inch pieces.
- Mix in applesauce with peanut butter to spread thinly on the celery or apples.