Kids will love to bite into this peanutty, fruity treat!
- 1 slice whole wheat bread*
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, nut butter or seed butter**
- 1/4 apple or banana (peeled and thinly sliced into half-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons grated carrots (optional)
- Instead of whole wheat bread, try crunchy graham crackers or roll up the filling in a soft tortilla.
- Instead of fresh fruit, use canned, drained pineapple.
- Spread 2 tablespoons nut or seed butter on bread.
- Place fruit slices on top.
- Optional: Top with grated carrot.
This recipe contains wheat, tree nuts, and peanuts.
*Check the ingredients list on the label of this product for other foods you might be allergic to.If you are allergic to wheat or gluten, try gluten-free options.
** If you are allergic to peanut butter, choose from these nut butter spreads: almond, and cashew or allergy-friendly soy, pumpkin, and sunflower seed butter.
Cut Down on Choking:
For kids 2- 4 years old, serve food in the following ways:
- Mix in apple sauce with peanut butter to spread thinly on the bread.