Colorful vegetables tossed over a bed of fresh spinach – try this dish to brighten up your day!
- 5 cups spinach leaves (packed, washed, and drained well)
- 1/2 red onion (sliced thin)
- 1/2 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 cucumber (sliced)
- 2 oranges (peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces)
- 1/3 cup vinaigrette dressing (“lite” around 15 calories per tablespoon or less)
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl
- Add dressing, and toss again.
- Serve immediately
Cut Down on Choking:
For kids 2- 4 years old, serve food in the following ways:
- Cut all vegetables into half-inch pieces.